What is 17/8 Divided by 31/9?

Accepted Solution

What is 17/8 Divided by 31/9?MethodsBreaking down the problem:First, let’s break down each piece of the problem, as each piece is important. We have the first fraction, or the dividend, which can be broken down into its numerator, 17, and its denominator, 8. We also have the second fraction, or the divisor, which can be broken down into its numerator, 31, and its denominator, 9:Numerator of the dividend: 17Denominator of the dividend: 8Numerator of the divisor: 31Denominator of the divisor: 9So, what is 17/8 divided by 31/9? Let’s work through the problem, and find the answer in both fraction and decimal forms.What is 17/8 Divided by 31/9, Step-by-stepFirst let’s set up the problem:178÷319\frac{17}{8} ÷ \frac{31}{9}817​÷931​Step 1:Interestingly, the first step to solving a division problem between two fractions is to multiply. First, you multiply the numerator of the dividend, 17, by the denominator of the divisor, 9.17 x 9 = 153This will become the numerator of the answer.Step 2:Then, multiply the denominator of the dividend, 8, by the numerator of the divisor, 31:8 x 31 = 248This will be the denominator of the answer.Step 3:Put the two answers together into one fraction, and this will be the answer to the problem in fraction form:153248\frac{153}{248}248153​ = 153248\frac{153}{248}248153​To display the answer to 17/8 divided by 31/9 in decimal form, you can continue to divide the numerator of the answer, 153, by the denominator, 248. The answer can be rounded to the nearest three decimal points, if needed:153248=0.617\frac{153}{248}= 0.617248153​=0.617So in decimal form, 17/8 divided by 31/9 = 0.617And in fractional form, 17/8 divided by 31/9 is 153/248Practice Other Division Problems Like This OneIf this problem was a little difficult or you want to practice your skills on another one, give it a go on any one of these too!What is 13/19 divided by 53?22 divided by what equals 70?What divided by 72 equals 92?What is 14/9 divided by 15/11?What is 41 divided by 6/5?